Saturday, August 11, 2012

Concentrating Photovoltaic Collectors - aka CPV reality checking

OK goofing off (by reading about the field so not really goofing off I suppose) and hit this tight little knot of information on the state of play in the Concentrating PV collector business.

Elsewhere I discussed the con artists that are working in the concentrator field but there are some legit players too, for sure. They might fail but it won't be because they are not really trying. The PV-Insider conference brought together a bunch of the real players in the CPV biz. I just played the recording of the CPV investors roundtable and the talk about the tax portion was amazing. The hurdles that project finance teams are going through is daunting. Makes me again worry about how big a part of our economy is taken up by finance. It is becoming a tail that wags the dog I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment