Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Focused Sun... a low tech low concentration approach

Ugly - in a good way...

Focused Sun

They must have been in stealth mode as no pictures seem to be on the web save for the ones in the release, until Nov. 17th when they launched an Indigogo campaign. A million dollar goal and no early givers. Yikes. And the csp-world story neglected to mention the indigogo campaign.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/focused-sun

It is much smaller than I thought based on the csp-world picture. Pretty good coverage in the video of why it is affordable.  It does not look like it is weather hard to the degree that it should be. But I like the effort to make it low tech and "makeable." I'm in the let many flowers bloom camp: but this does not seem deeply considered.

Also interesting (as a side note) that it is a collaboration between a Swede and some Americans in New Mexico. One of my favorite rivals is also designed by a Swede (the Solarus.se effort). I guess I must elevate my herring intake to stay in the game!

Take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment